Friday, October 20, 2006

Saigon Eclipse


STORY SOURCE

"Saigon Eclipse" takes place in present day Ho Chi Minh City. It is inspired by the characters and themes of Nguyen Du's 19th century masterpiece "The Story of Kieu", a work considered to be the most important epic poem written in Vietnamese. This ancient story relates the destiny of a young, beautiful and talented Vietnamese woman who sacrifices herself for her family.

This epic poem chronicles the fate of Kieu, a beautiful young girl, who soon after her secret engagement, returns home to find her father is about to be imprisoned on trumped up charges. Kieu offers herself in payment for her father’s debt without fully understanding the ramifications of the decision. A stunning and tragic story of loyalty and the perils of beauty, it was written as an allegory for Nguyen Du’s beautiful country Vietnam, which has often been possessed and abused by others.
if you want to learn more
Saigon Eclipse (Trailer)

4 Comments:

Blogger Swett said...

Nothing that to be grateful, is a pleasure!!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

XLUOX:

I do not know any Chinese language. Sadly, I only speak my native language, English. But, I have been in Viet Nam during that sad war. The thing I remember the most about Viet Nam is not the sadness of the war, but the beauty of Viet Nam and the Vietnamese people. Aside from the war, I found it to be a wonderful place. I sometimes miss it.

The internet is a wonderful way to learn to respect people around the world. I wish we had a universal language. I have a great respect for the citizens of this world, where ever they live.

The place where you live is beautiful. If we stay in contact, I will try to send pictures of my home.

I’m a man, 58 years old and retired from the Kellogg Company in Battle Creek, MI.

With respect,

Steve Eldred

6:25 AM  
Blogger xluox said...

My dear friend steve:

I am very glad to see your reply here and I know you have been in Viet Nam during that sad war. People in that war remain many memorable experiences in their mind, that's grateful! It's not matter that you can not read Chinese characters , I wish I can try my best to write my every articles with english, also, as a practice.

Indeed, The Internet is a wonderful way to know something we are ignorant of and interested of.

Well, I expect to see your pictures about your home.

Thank you! With my best wish.

xluox from southwest China

1:23 PM  
Blogger Saigon Eclipse said...

Thanks for your support of SAIGON ECLIPSE. If you would like to know more please do not hesitate to contact me.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home